Wall Softball Player Waiver
1. I voluntarily elect to accept and assume all risks of injury incurred or suffered by me (a) while practicing or playing as a member of the team so designated, b) while serving in a non-playing capacity as team member during practice or play by other teams or by other players on my team, and (c) while on or upon the premises of any and all of the fields arranged for by my team or league for practice or play.
2. I hereby waive, release, indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Township of Wall and all of its officials, employees, officers and agents both in their public and private capacities) from any and all liability, claims, suits, demands and causes of action (expressly including, but not limited to, all expenses of litigation and settlement) which are related to or arise by reason of (1) bodily injury, up to and including death, suffered by me or any other person or (2) loss of, loss of use of, or damage to any property, when such bodily injury or property loss arises out of, results from, or is occasioned by any act of error, omission or negligence by me or any other person (expressly including but not limited to all officials, employees, officers and agents of the Township of Wall when such act arises out of, results from, or is connected with my participation in the Township of Wall program(s) registered for herein.
3. I will, without limitation, assume and pay all medical and emergency expenses in the event of an accident, injury, illness, or other incapacity, regardless of whether I have authorized such expense.
4. I agree that Township of Wall, its officials, employees, agents, and representatives have the authority to use pictures of me taken at any Township of Wall event. The pictures may be taken and used without my knowledge or payment to me.
Below are a few recommended Best Practices for the return to play for Adult Slow-Pitch Softball as they relate to minimizing the spread of COVID-19. By signing the Wall Softball Player Waiver Form, you acknowledge that you have read and understand the following recommendations:
- All participants and spectators should be aware of the enhanced risks of being in direct contact with anyone age 65 or older for 14 days after participating in a sporting event or practice
- Follow all local and state guidelines
- All staff, players, umpires, and spectators are encouraged to continue social distancing on and off the field
- Staff, players, umpires, and spectators are encouraged to use hand sanitizing products
- It is recommended that all players and umpires use their own equipment while participating, including gloves, bats, etc.
- The catcher should position themselves to allow for social distancing from the umpire and batter
- All teams are encouraged to clean their dugouts and team bench area on arrival and departure
- If you feel sick, do not attend any games
- Limit the number of spectators you bring to attend games as much as possible
- Spectators should avoid gathering in groups of larger than 10 people
- Avoid high-fives