War at the Shore Final Battle
Updated June 30, 2021
Welcome to the 2021 War at the Shore Summer Series Info Packet In this packet, you should find the following information:
- Tournament Rules
- Pre-Registration info
- Each Team MUST show a copy of your Proof of Insurance form, Team Roster, & USA Softball Registration. Table will be by the bathrooms/concessions near field 1 at the N. Bay Complex; YMCA teams will have an on-site person you can show forms to
- ***Winning Team in each game MUST text/call your score to 732-581-5776 please!
- Home Team for every game (except for Sunday Bracket Play) will be determined by a coin-flip, with the team traveling the furthest calling the toss. The Home Team scorebook is official. In Sunday 10u & 12u playoff games, the Higher seeded team has choice of home/away.
(Ex: #2 seed has choice over #3 seed)
- We will present 1st & 2nd Place individual awards in All Age Groups
- No smoking allowed within the confines of the playing area! Please keep your bench area clean! After each game, please clean up your garbage before leaving.
- No pre-game infield warm-ups before games! You may use the outfield grass to warm up
- Umpires are instructed NOT to take any abuse from players, coaches, parents & fans. If any umpire feels that anyone is being overly abusive towards them, that person will be asked to leave the complex! If that person fails to leave within 2 minutes, their team will forfeit the game & possibly all games for the weekend! Managers are responsible for their players and fans!
- This is a pay-at-the-plate tournament. Each team is responsible to pay the umpires at the pregame meeting. (1-umpire games $30/team) (2-umpire games $50/team)
- 12/14/16U teams will be seeded according to Friday & Saturday pool-play points:
18U may be Split into 2 Pools and Ranked 1-6 in Each Pool – On Sunday they will be cross bracketed with the other Pool in the Opening Round.
*Points will be used as the 1st criteria when an EVEN number of teams exist & an
equal number of games have been played in a bracket
WIN = 3 pts TIE = 1 pt LOSS = 0 pts
*Teams tied in points will be broken by:
- Head to Head (if only 2 teams are tied); if still tied, then:
- Least number of Runs Allowed in the 3 games. If still tied, then:
- Most number of Runs Scored in the 3 games. If still tied, then:
- Coin Flip by Tournament Director
*if any teams play less games than other teams due to weather issues, odd number of teams in a bracket, etc. then Winning Percentage will be used as their first criteria, followed by Average Runs Against, followed by Average Runs Scored
- All Age Groups will use the following Mercy Rule:
*12 runs after 3 innings
*10 runs after 4 innings
* 8 runs after 5 innings
- In the event of bad weather, the Tournament Director reserves the right to use a Rain Schedule which could limit the number of games played and/or time limit of games and may also declare a game official if weather or darkness become an issue. Any game halted due to weather(ie: rain, thunder/lightning, darkness) will have the clock continue. Scores will count and will revert back to the last completed inning , no matter how many innings or how much time has been played. (If home team is ahead, score would not revert if batting in the bottom of an inning)
- All games, are played to 7 innings or to Mercy Rule. However, NO New Inning may start at or after 80 minutes! Once at the 80 minute mark, that inning will be completed, if needed. If the Home Team is batting and is ahead, or goes ahead at any point after 80 minute mark, the game is over. If the Visiting Team is batting at the 80 minute mark, the inning will be completed
*All games can end in a tie. If time remains and full innings have been completed and game is tied, then International Tie-Breaker will be used
All Sunday Bracket games must have a winner
*Any Sunday Bracket Game that ends tied will immediately go to International Tie-Breaker, with the player scheduled to bat last that inning starting as a base runner at 2nd ba
- No infield or outfield warm ups allowed between innings, except for the 1st inning! Pitchers are allowed 5 warm up pitches in the first inning (or for new pitchers entering the game).
Three (3) warm ups allowed for all other innings.
14.Courtesy Runners are allowed for Pitcher & Catcher anytime. With 2 outs, Courtesy Runner is mandatory for the catcher (first offense, warning. Second offense, an out is assessed to the catcher). Courtesy Runner must be a bench player. If all players are in the batting lineup, then last batted out is to be used
- There are NO Protests allowed on any call at anytime! All discrepancies or rules interpretations will be settled by the home plate umpire. Umpire may call the UIC, if needed, to settle a rules question.
- Teams may bat their entire roster (or any number of players over 9) in any game, but a minimum of 8 players are mandatory to play. Any team who plays 8 will have an out assessed each time the 9th batting position is due up. Teams may add to their lineup if a player arrives late.
*Offensive changes to the batting order must be reported to the plate umpire and opposing team. Defensive changes do not have to be reported. If a player is injured and no sub is available, an out will be taken each time her spot comes up to bat
- All starters and subs may re-enter the game 1 time on offense
- The DP/Flex Rule can be used for this tournament. You can bat as many as you like (minimum 9)
- Should weather become an issue awards will be presented to the best remaining seeds
- Winning Teams are responsible for making sure their winning scores are texted/called in to 732-581-5776 and that they are correctly posted online and at the Tent by field 1. Put someone in charge NOW so they know to text winning or tie scores in please
- Any Rule not covered here will then be superseded by the 2021 USA Softball Rule Book.
- No phone calls will be made Saturday night. Check standings and schedules on our website:
North Bay Complex
1643 N. Bay Ave., Toms River, NJ 08753
1088 W. Whitty Rd., Toms River, NJ 08755
Donovan Catholic Varsity Field
1380 Whitty Rd., Toms River, NJ 08753
North Wall Little League Complex
2600 Belmar Blvd., Wall, NJ 07719
Rash Fields 1 & 2
2008 NJ-71, Belmar, NJ 07719